The NICNAS Service Charter outlines the standards of service that users of the Scheme and the public can expect. In 2006-07 our second online customer survey was conducted on NICNAS's performance against these standards.
4712 randomly selected organisations were asked to complete an online survey. These organisations were selected based on contact with NICNAS through notification and assessment of new chemicals, review and treaties concerning existing chemicals and Priority Existing Chemicals (PEC), registration, AICS searches, general enquiries and/or compliance activities for the period 1 July 2006 to 30 June 2007.
Two hundred and ninety-five organisations (more than six per cent) responded to the survey.
Overall, positive feedback was received indicating a good level of service in a number of key areas:
· 96 per cent of respondents found staff to be helpful and courteous always, or most of the time compared to 95 per cent in 2005-06
· 91 per cent of respondents found their questions and enquiries answered within 28 days compared to 93 per cent in 2005-06
· 95 per cent of respondents found written explanations clear always, or most of the time, compared to 91 per cent in 2005-06
· 91 per cent found that NICNAS provided accurate and consistent information always or most of the time, compared to 89 per cent in 2005-06
· 58 per cent of respondents indicated that they or their business used the NICNAS website (compared to 76 per cent in 2005-06).